Monday, October 17, 2011

Half-Marathon

On Saturday my sister Jen and I ran the SoJo (hip way of saying South Jordan) half-marathon. Unlike my other running experience I was very excited to run this race. I knew I could finish and was excited to be running it with someone. We started in Daybreak and ran a zigzagged but mostly flat course to Riverfront Parkway. Jen's pace was a little faster than mine but it was good for me to try and push it a little and I finished with a great time because of it. We finished at 2:22 which was a 10:51 average mile. Once again it was fun to see Brandon, Alex, my mom and sister Sarah waiting for us at the finish line. Overall it was a great experience and I am excited to do it again. I am sad that it will soon be too cold to run outside. Hopefully this great weather lasts a little longer.

1 comment:

  1. It was such a fun surprise seeing you and your cute little family! Good job!

    ReplyDelete