Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Best

After working a 14 hour night shift and then stopping on the way home to get an oil change, Brandon brought home this beautiful poinsettia for me. He left it on the kitchen table along with a sweet note. Even though I didn't notice it for awhile (I'm really observant), I loved it! I have been telling Brandon that I wanted one for our kitchen table for a while but felt bad spending 8 or more dollars on one when it will eventually die. Well, apparently Brandon does listen when I ramble because he brought one home for me anyway. It looks so good in our kitchen and I will enjoy it all season long. I really have the best husband!

We also have the best son. The other day Brandon found Alex like this, sitting in the chair in his room reading some of his books. I tried to sneak a picture before he noticed me and moved but it came out a little blurry. Alex loves looking at books. Although he sometimes is a little rough with them (he has only ripped a couple), it is so fun to see him pull them off his shelf and read through them. My favorite is when he will randomly bring one to me and then sits on my lap so that I will read it to him. He is such a smart kid and we love watching him learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment