Friday, July 27, 2012

Deseret News 10K

Instead of going crazy again this year I decided to scale things back and just run the Deseret News 10K instead of the marathon.  It certainly was much more enjoyable to be running only 6.3 miles instead of 26.2.  Although I was surprised at how tough the run still felt.  I am sure that was because I was not as well trained and I also ran at a faster pace than I normally do.  It was also fun running the 10K because we got to run the entire length of the parade route instead of only one block like with the marathon.  It really helped to have people cheering you on for a good part of the race.  Many of the members of my family had slept out the night before so it was fun seeing them as we ran by. 

Here is the starting line: 6:05 am

 Ready to go!
 My sister Jen ran this race with me.  It was fun having someone to run with and helped me keep my pace up. 
 
Here we are finishing. 
 We finished in just over an hour.  My official time was 1:01.  That is a 9:50 pace which is faster than I normally do so I was pleased. 
 It felt really humid to me and I was very sweaty at the end.  It was so great to know that Brandon and Alex would be waiting for me at the finish line.  Brandon got up before 6:00 to get down town to meet me by 7:00 am.  He also stopped for donuts on the way.  He is the best!  Also, Brandon's Grandma Maryann and Aunt Stephanie were there to greet me which was great too. 
It was a fun race and I am sure I will be doing it again in the years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment