Tuesday, July 23, 2013

4th of July

We had another great Independence day this year, especially because we got to celebrate all weekend long.  On the fourth just the three of us saw Despicable Me 2.  Then we spent the rest of the day with my family, playing games, eating and celebrating my mom's birthday.  We ended the night by seeing the fireworks in Murray.  Alex was so hyper all day long.  I kept waiting for him to pass out.  At the fireworks we spent most of the time running to the top of the hill and back down again.  I wish I had some of his energy.  Finally, on the way home he fell fast asleep in the car.  




The next day we headed up to Park City and spent the rest of the weekend with Brandon's family staying in their condo.  We spent most of Friday at the Park City Mountain Resort.  We rode the Alpine slides, did the zip line, and rode the roller coaster.  We went on the Alpine slides first.  After waiting in line forever and finally getting to the top Alex decided he did not want to do it.  I knew he would love it once we got going so I was the mean mom and made him go anyway.  He screamed and tried to run away until it was our turn to go. I'm pretty sure everyone else there thought I was horrible but I was right.  Once we got moving he loved it.  Later in the day he went on the roller coaster without complaint so I am glad I made him do it.

We went pretty slow so Brandon caught up with us.


Me on the zip line

Brandon on the zip line




When these three boys get together they are just a little bit crazy.  We also got family pictures that weekend, went swimming, and had a BBQ.  It was tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment