Thursday, May 27, 2010

Alex

After 41 weeks of pregnancy Alex is finally here! On Saturday, May 8th Brandon and I went to the hospital so that I could be induced. We got the call at about 6 am. Shortly after our arrival my water was broken and things were underway. However, Alex still took his time and didn't arrive until the next morning, May 9th at 1:37 am. Things couldn't move too quickly because Alex's heartrate kept dropping and I had to be on oxygen most of the day. It turned out that the cord was wrapped around his neck two times. Luckily the delivery went great and Alex was just fine. He weighed in at 7 lb 3 oz and was 21 inches long. The day was extra special because it was mother's day and it also happened to be our three year anniversary. It is definitely a day we won't soon forget. So far Alex has been a perfect baby.


Coming home from the hospital
Luckily, Boo and Alex became fast friends

2 comments:

  1. Rachel! He is SO adorable! I can't believe you were in labor that long. That sounds miserable- I'm so sorry. But I'm so glad he's here! One of these days, we'll have to get together for a playdate with our two boys-- and we can practice all our reading endorsement skills on them while we're at it. With both of us drilling them, we're sure to have them reading by 9 months. ;-) But seriously, I'm so happy for you guys! Keep posting pics of him. I love seeing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! He is so dang cute! I am glad everything went well with delivery even if it was long... that would have been very scary.
    I LOVE the room too!
    Let me know when you're feeling yourself again and we can get together... I would love to see you and meet little adorable Alex!

    ReplyDelete