Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Big Boy Bed

This week I finally excepted it.  It was time to get rid of the crib.  Before we left for California Alex had been climbing out of his crib for a few weeks.  He was still good about taking his naps but when he was done he would climb out and come find us.  I knew he was ready for the change but didn't want to make any changes before we left.  When we got back from our vacation it was a few days before Alex remembered he could climb out of his crib.  I was hoping he would forget for the next few years and we could keep him in a crib forever.  I just couldn't believe my little boy was ready for a real bed.  On Friday we finally made the switch.  The whole time Brandon was taking down the crib and moving the bed into his room, Alex was so excited.  I kept explaining that this was his new big boy bed and he seemed to understand.  We made the change in the morning so that nap time could be "practice time" if needed.  However, we were shocked when Alex went right down for his nap without complaint and slept about three hours.  We are lucky parents! 


 Checking out his new bed for the first time. 

 We finally had to wake him up from his nap and this is how he was sleeping.  Curled up and the top of his bed.  I don't think he gets the concept of a pillow yet.  
 This is his "waking up face."  He probably gets that from me. 
This is just more proof our little boy is growing up and it makes me so proud of him but a little sad too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment