Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Alex's Surgery

Yesterday Alex had to have a little minor surgery. Even though it wasn't a very big deal I was very nervous about it. As usual Alex handled it perfectly and today he is acting like his old self. We had the surgery at Riverton Hospital. We had to arrive at 7:15 in the morning and we were all done by about noon.

Here is Alex dressed in his "gown" waiting to meet with the nurse.



They had these cars in the waiting room while we waited for the doctor to be ready. The most traumatizing part of the whole thing was handing him over to the doctor and leaving to wait out in the waiting room. I guess I thought I would get to stay with him through more of the process.

It was very weird to hold him as he was coming out of the anesthesia. He was very sleepy and hungry but then he would suddenly thrash around for no reason.
This is the most he has cuddled with me in a long time.

The rest of the day Alex slept except for when it was time to eat. He was pretty cranky, at least for his standards. Today he is all better. He has played toys most of the day and didn't require much pain medication. I am very glad it is over with and that it all went well.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that everything went well and that cute little Alex is back to himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness- that would be so hard. I'm glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete